Thursday, January 31, 2013

Inflation




The next session of Young Amigos starts April 15!  There is an early registration discount of 15% if you commit to the class at least 60 days before it starts.  That happens to be February 14.  So… ¡Feliz Día de San Valentín!  My Valentine's Day gift to you!

My tuition prices did increase with the start of the new year, so I wanted to offer some assistance for those who register early.  I did so begrudgingly.  I'm a softy, a teacher, not really a businesswoman.  It was brought to my attention that once I pay for the online resource center access, the workbooks, the cost of shipping and handling, etc. for each family that I’m actually under market, and not really earning that much.
  
Another thing, the pricing from 2012 reflected a different model.  I did not interact, check in or provide personalized feedback.  I developed that model against my own beliefs about quality education.  As the session was running, I couldn't have felt any less attached to the families taking my courses.  I spent December revamping my model so that I have relationships with the families taking my classes, or at least offer relationships.  I followed my heart on this one.  I also feel this differentiates me from my competitors.  For example, Rosetta Stone (impressive program, by the way!) won't ask how things are going, offer unique solutions to issues, send personalized videos or hand out stars for a job well done!  They won't remind you that you forgot to do an item during the previous week, or update you when everything is back on track.  I don't have the impressive technology that some of the others do.  I am simply a caring human being; a qualified, certified instructor, teaching your family Spanish from afar.  And it means a lot to me!

Tuition information can be found here:  http://croghanlanguageacademy.webs.com/tuition    Some explanation might be appreciated:

Synchronous = There is a weekly 45-minute live meeting  
Asynchronous = There are no live meetings to attend, all work is completed on your own time.  

If you are currently taking my Asynchronous class and feel like you’re just not getting enough structure, enough instruction, enough feedback, etc. perhaps consider the Synchronous offering.  In my honest opinion, I feel that the blend of some work on your own and some done with me is ideal.

Questions?  Email croghanlanguageacademy@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment